Why you should take this training?
The participants of the training will get to know the idea of Management by Objectives (MBO), the techniques of working towards an objective essential for the system, they will gain skills to successfully define business objectives, wherein the course presents the Management by Objectives method as an effective management system in a company, providing the participants with the skills allowing them to use and apply MBO techniques in the work of a manager, including cascading objectives, creating an objectives sheet, team work on a strategic objective, work within the objectives market, monitoring the implementation of objectives, and, above all:
- learning the basics of management theory
- acquiring the ability to implement the individual management stages
- learning to set and achieve goals
- raising awareness of the importance of programme commitment at all levels of management
- learning the principles of common goal setting – the participation principle
- linking individual objectives to global strategic objectives
- learning the importance of pinpointing a goal
- raising awareness of the autonomy of plan implementation
- principles of the philosophy behind management by objectives
Who is it for?
- Managers of all levels
- Self-employed entrepreneurs
- Anyone who wants to learn effective management methods
Agenda of the training:
- Why create objectives in an organisation
II. Team building game.
III. Structure of setting goals in an organisation:
- SWOT analysis
- Strategic objectives
- Tactical objectives
- Operational objectives
IV. How to define objectives:
- Individual practice and group evaluation
V. Team play.
VI. Individual versus group goals:
- Objectives for the department using the BBSC
- BBSC – an overview
- Group work – creating a BBSC based on departmental objectives
- Individual goals based on departmental BBSC – cascading goals
VII. Impact of the team on objective achievement:
- Stages of team development
- Understanding the individual stages of development – teamwork
- What strengths does the team have at each stage?
- What does the team need when achieving a goal or task at each stage?
- What might be the weaknesses of the team and its members at each stage?
- Adapting the leadership style to the stage of team and individual development
- Manager's role in the different stages of goal achievement/ development
VIII. Achieving departmental/individual goals:
- Review: how and when (tools)
- Preventive measures (which ones, when to implement and how)
- Corrective measures (when to take them, how to define them)
IX. Working with unrealistic goals:
- How to stay motivated (sphere of influence)
- How to pursue a goal?